Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Good Plan Comes into Action



I love it when a good plan comes into action. One of my goals for the year 2012 was to created a well stocked pantry. I never imagined that this could possibly happen within the first three months of 2012. My pantry has been created. We cleaned out a large walk-in closet in the spare bedroom. We added some shelving using used lumber and some recycled doors. I had cut the shelves ahead of time, so we were able to have the pantry created in an afternoon. I now have a great storage for my home canned produce and meats, as well as our dehydrated items. There are a couple things that are included on my list for developing a well stocked pantry, such as building a rotating can rack. I am not sure at this point that a rotating can rack is needed. I am finding with the home canned produce that I have very few purchased can products. A place was created for small appliances that are not frequently used. The pantry also allowed space to hang large skillets and fryers that take up so much room in the kitchen. Now, to just get busy with the "well-stocked" part of the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment