Thursday, March 29, 2012

New Life to Old Patio Set


I love this old Woodard patio set. It has the cutest little swivel chairs. My guess would be that it was manufactured sometime in the 50's or 60's.  I picked it up at a yard sale many years ago. It originally came with light green vinyl cushions. The cushions also included snap-on cushion for the backs. I have never taken the time to replicate back cushions. But have often covered the seats. It is an easy simple fix with fabric and a staple gun. I purchased large burlap coffee bags at the local farm store for 97ȼ each. I had been using the bags to sit on the metal lawn chairs when it was cold out so my bottom side would not be so cold. When I decided it was time for a new coat of paint and new cushions on my Woodard set, I thought the bags would be perfect, and very inexpensive. This is another great "green" idea when burlap bags can be recycled, and I LOVE the look. I have several missed matched pieces of wrought iron patio furniture that I will make cushions for as well. What a difference 2 cans of paint and 2 burlap bags can make!




No comments:

Post a Comment