Thursday, March 8, 2012

Balancing a broom thanks to planetary alignment?

Lately many of my facebook/blogging friends were showing their attempts to make brooms and eggs stand on their own. I had to give it a try and was able to balance my broom, however I could only get an egg to stand after several (many) attempts.  I also used several different eggs in hopes of finding one with a flatter bottom. I've seen and heard about how a broom or egg will stand up by itself because of a pole change or spring equinox.
According to Wikipedia "An equinox occurs twice a year, when the tilt of the Earth's axis is inclined neither away from nor towards the Sun, the center of the Sun being in the same plane as the Earth's equator. The term equinox can also be used in a broader sense, meaning the date when such a passage happens."
I have read that an angled broom will not stand alone. I beg to differ, as my angled broom stood alone with ease. I don't believe it has anything to do with the equinox, but it was fun seeing all the brooms and eggs stand alone. I will try to stand my broom another day, maybe there is some gravity force behind the reason. I just am not a believer.









No comments:

Post a Comment