Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Love Grapefruit


    I love the beautiful color, the wonderful fragrance, and the delicious taste of grapefruit. I love grapefruit! Grapefruit is one of my favorite items that we are sometimes able to get in our produce co-op basket. I prefer my grapefruit topped with salt for breakfast, though sometimes we enjoy it toasted (Recipe below). I have a wonderful grapefruit knife made by Rada. (They didn't pay me for mentioning them, but I love a great product) It makes it much easier and not as messy as using a grapefruit spoon.
   There are loads of reasons to enjoy grapefruit. Not only is grapefruit delicious but grapefruit has alot of health benefits.

 1. It is full of Vitamin C. Helps to fight off cancer, cardiovascular disease, and strokes. Protects against lung cancer and prostate cancer. Lowers cholesterol
2. Prevents Kidney Stones
3. Helps with weight loss. Speeds up metabolism, Helps to burn calories
4. Helps Your Liver Detoxify
5. Helps to reduce fever.
6. Aids in indigestion.

When selecting grapefruit, select large, heavy in the hand, and bright light yellow, with little or no greenish tint. The heavier the grapefruit, the juicier.  

Toasted Grapefruit

1. Cut the grapefruit in half.

2. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle a tablespoon of brown sugar over each half.

3. Broil until the sugar starts to bubble.








No comments:

Post a Comment