I made delicious individual Apple pies from my canned Apple pie filling for dinner last night. They were so much fun. The individual pies made it easy to share with our elderly neighbors, and easier to store for another day. The recipe and directions are worth sharing.
Grandma Biven's Pie Crust
2 cups of flour
1 cup of shortening
½ cup of water
Dash of salt
Use a pastry blender to blend the flour, salt and shortening. When blended well and crumbles, add water. Work until pastry forms a ball. Roll out on lightly floured board.
This recipe has never failed me. It is a very easy formula to remember. Regardless of how much flour you opt to use, always use ½ that amount of shortening. You then use 1/2 the amount of water as shortening.
The next step was done using a Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal pastry tool. I cut circles from the pie crust. I place a heaping tablespoon of canned Apple pie filling on to the center of ½ of the cut circles. I placed the remaining circles on top of the pie filling topped circles. I then used the pastry tool to seal the top and bottoms together. I placed the individual pies on a cookie sheet. This recipe made 8 pies. I pricked the tops and sprinkled with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. I baked these at 375' for approx. 30-40 min.
When I removed the pies from the oven; I let them cool for about 10 min. I then topped each one with some Hershey's Caramel dessert topping. I will definitely serve them again. The next time I will make sure we have some ice cream in the freezer.




I love my Pampered Chef items, I have both sizes of these and think I might make some peach ones tomorrow...thanks for the reminder...I will pull them out of storage...
ReplyDelete