It is such a beautiful morning after a good night's rest. We could finally sleep with the windows open all night. We woke up to birds singing. How wonderful.
We are beginning to settle into our new home. We are beginning to make some sort of order of the chaos. Still have things to move and things to put away. I think a yard sale is in order. We recently relocated from big city Ohio to small town Illinois. I am loving it. My husband retired and since there was no longer a job keeping us in the city, we decided to head back to my roots. Dalous, being born and raised in Ohio will have some adjustments to make. When he suggested we look for a home near where I grew up, I was hesitate. I had lived in Ohio for nearly 20 years. The more he talked about it, the more homesick I became.
We looked for a home for months before we put the bid on our home. Our bid was accepted, we closed in a few weeks and began our journey. We had a home that needed plenty of repair before we could move in. Dalous had just had both his knees replaced and could not help, let alone travel the 425 miles to the new home. With the help of family, the remodel was underway. My mother and sister helped with the destruction. Gutting rooms of plaster and lathes, tearing down drop ceilings, pulling up floors, removing cabinets, etc. Someone stopped me and asked me "Is it only women in their doing all that work, I haven't seen any men." My mom and sister are very hard workers. I find it hard to keep up with my 71 year old mother. She amazes me. I could not have tackled it all without their help. Desperate for a new roof, we hired a contractor. In several weeks we had it ready for reconstruction. Family is wonderful! Thanks to my brother-in-law, my father, my son and my nephew along with us girls and a few friends we finally had it to the point we could stay here. Bathrooms were in working order, so we could manage to stay in the house. Still had to finish flooring, wait for cabinets, countertops and sink. Dishes were washed in the bathtub for several weeks. The kitchen in completed now except for trim work and lights. But I love it , and will enjoy cooking in it. We still have a few things to do, but will manage over a little more time.
I am anxious to get my sewing room in order so I can begin my sewing and crafting. Then I will truly feel at home. Then I will feel like my life is once again settled.
We are beginning to settle into our new home. We are beginning to make some sort of order of the chaos. Still have things to move and things to put away. I think a yard sale is in order. We recently relocated from big city Ohio to small town Illinois. I am loving it. My husband retired and since there was no longer a job keeping us in the city, we decided to head back to my roots. Dalous, being born and raised in Ohio will have some adjustments to make. When he suggested we look for a home near where I grew up, I was hesitate. I had lived in Ohio for nearly 20 years. The more he talked about it, the more homesick I became.
We looked for a home for months before we put the bid on our home. Our bid was accepted, we closed in a few weeks and began our journey. We had a home that needed plenty of repair before we could move in. Dalous had just had both his knees replaced and could not help, let alone travel the 425 miles to the new home. With the help of family, the remodel was underway. My mother and sister helped with the destruction. Gutting rooms of plaster and lathes, tearing down drop ceilings, pulling up floors, removing cabinets, etc. Someone stopped me and asked me "Is it only women in their doing all that work, I haven't seen any men." My mom and sister are very hard workers. I find it hard to keep up with my 71 year old mother. She amazes me. I could not have tackled it all without their help. Desperate for a new roof, we hired a contractor. In several weeks we had it ready for reconstruction. Family is wonderful! Thanks to my brother-in-law, my father, my son and my nephew along with us girls and a few friends we finally had it to the point we could stay here. Bathrooms were in working order, so we could manage to stay in the house. Still had to finish flooring, wait for cabinets, countertops and sink. Dishes were washed in the bathtub for several weeks. The kitchen in completed now except for trim work and lights. But I love it , and will enjoy cooking in it. We still have a few things to do, but will manage over a little more time.
I am anxious to get my sewing room in order so I can begin my sewing and crafting. Then I will truly feel at home. Then I will feel like my life is once again settled.
No comments:
Post a Comment