I have alot to do this week. A trip to Columbus for Dalous' dr appt. and another load of household belongings from the other house. Preparing for our Earth Day picnic on Sat, and Easter on Sunday.
Our barn was delivered yesterday. I have decided that I can refer to it as a barn rather than a shed. It has the appearance of a barn. Believe me, after they put it in my yard it takes up enough space to be a barn. It was amazing the way the driver managed to manipulate it right into the spot that we wanted. He managed to get it right in the corner of the fence, It is perfect. I will have it filled quickly.
My latest sewing project is stuffed bunnies. I want to be able to take one to each of my grandchildren in the coming weeks. I worked on them most of yesterday. My sis Diana, came with her 2 daughters for dinner and we finished the evening up in my sewing room making more bunnies. We opened up a bag of stuffing and found what appeared to be a dried up baby mouse in the bag! We left the stuffing sit in the sewing room and waited for Dalous to remove it. Yes, it was dead, yes it was tiny, yes it was dried up. We were not exactly afraid of it... but we sure wanted nothing to do with it. Diana and I got on our bikes and rode to Walmart to buy more stuffing. We should have known that we would not be able to purchase craft stuffing at this local Walmart. Though it is a "Super" Walmart, it is poorly stocked. We decided to look at poly-filled pillows. Wow, we can buy a pillow at 1/2 the cost of a bag of stuffing. The bunnies are simple. I cut out a basic body shape and ears. After stitching them together and stuffing, they are embellished with buttons, fabric and sewing notions.
| Faceless bunnies waiting to be brought to life. |
No comments:
Post a Comment