Sunday, April 10, 2011

The end of a beautiful day.

Happy Birthday Dad! And to my beautiful niece, Rebecca as well. It was so warm and breezy today. Almost perfect. I don't feel like I accomplished much today. But everyone around me did, by far. I wasn't feeling very well this morning and Dalous went to church without me. He then visited with my dad and mom and had lunch with them. Later he came home and mowed the yard for the first time this season. (Riding lawnmower of course) His knees aren't quite up to pushing a mower around this yard.
My sister's husband Joe came and installed the last cabinet and secured all the countertops down. He set up our rain barrel and installed a new bathroom sink faucet. He has been wonderful helping us out with the remodel of our home. We are so fortunate to have so much help.
I sent out invites to our Annual Earth Day picnic. We debated on having it this year, but decided it has been an annual event and the kick-off of picnic season. We couldn't let this year go by without having the picnic. We are planning a "swap meet" of used items. We will have sandwiches and salads. I am sure the horse shoe pits will be put to good use. I am looking forward to the gathering and praying for no rain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment