Friday, April 15, 2011

Busy in the Spring

This is such a busy time of year. I think it is almost as busy as Christmas holidays. April begins busy and continues right into May. My schedule the next few weeks will involve getting our garden and flower beds planted, Good Friday services at church, Easter services, our Earth Day picnic, my son Charlie's graduation from Missouri University of Science and Technology, a friend's wedding, and a trip to Washington State to see my daughter and her 3 little girls. Just recently, I have found out that my son John stationed with the Navy in South Carolina will have to have back surgery soon. All of this, in addition to finishing up all the work on our house.

Next week we are anticipating visits from Shevelle and my dear mother-in-law, Clara. Dalous' mother has never been in Illinois with us. We are so looking forward to her visit. She is a fun Italian lady. She came to this country when she was 13 years old and has loads of stories to tell.

The weather is gloomy and chilly today. I think I will make a batch of soup for supper. Maybe do a few constructive things around the house. Maybe work on my sewing room. Maybe unpack some boxes. Or maybe I will just take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you guys. Not having you around almost makes me feel homesick. COME ON Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete