Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chicken Eggs Well Done


My poor husband has been getting scrambled eggs for breakfast almost every morning. Pity, Pity, but I am sure a poached or fried egg would be nice once in awhile. Right now I need to collect eggs for my most recent craft project. So honey.... please endure the scrambled eggs for just a couple of more weeks. 
I saw this idea on Pinterest, no directions linked to it. Just a photo "uploaded by user". They were adorable and so easy to do. I cracked out the side of each knife and carefully pulled the shell away to allow the inside of the egg to escape. The size of the hole doesn't really matter. So don't throw it away because you think the hole is too large. I mixed my school glue with water at a 50/50 ratio. I tore pieces of news paper and brown grocery bags into strips. I dipped the paper strips into the glue just like I did in grade school for paper mache. I covered each egg, making sure to take special care covering the hole. I let the eggs dry for a couple of days. I found some vintage lace, charms and buttons that I used to embellish the eggs. They look so pretty in a basket and will be perfect for Easter gift giving. 



1 comment:

  1. I am so lucky because I got two of this wonderful eggs along with other goodies. Thank you so much...they are so cute sitting on my desk and bring me so much joy every time I look at them...you are such a sweet and talented lady...hugs

    ReplyDelete