Monday, February 20, 2012

The Anticipated Valentine Gift



I am so excited... and my husband is as well. After weeks of "drilling", he finally finished my Valentine gift. He had been working on my necklace for weeks. My uncle had made several flint drill bits for him and explained to my husband how the Native Indians would make their jewelry by drilling holes in rocks with the flint drill bits.
 
Seriously, this has taken weeks. I could hardly wait for him to finish it! He worked on the rock while watching TV. He carried the rock and drill bit with him and worked on it while riding in the car, waiting in Dr's offices, or waiting in the car as I shopped. He tried so hard to finish it on Valentine's Day. So, it is a week later and he finally made it all the way through the rock. So today was my Valentine's Day and I love the gift from my husband! The necklace is wonderful, and beautiful. I will always cherish this necklace.

3 comments:

  1. I want to make some lye soap, found your recipe but it just said a can of lye, how many oz's of lye do you use with your recipe?
    Please respond to: PelikilaDaniel@windstream.net
    Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know how many oz's lye you use in your lye soap recipe, it just says 1 can.
    Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete