Wow, What a year 2011 has been. We bought a new house. We still have our old house. My son was seriously injured in a motorcycle crash. I watched my sister-in-law go through a diagnoses of breast cancer and suffer all the treatments. A very dear friend lost all signs of life when having a kidney removed due to cancer, to be brought back with a blood transfusion. My sister and her family lost their home and everything in it to a house fire. We suffered with a child whose failed marriage tore their family apart. We have stood along graveside services for dear ones we have lost. I have witnessed the loss of a stranger's life on the side of a road after a motor vehicle accident. I for one, am so glad to see this year end and another begin. I have pondered the events this past year and wondered about the changes in my life that I need to make. I think I really need to talk to God more. I will make it a point to rejoice more in the blessings God has given me and pray more asking for his guidance.
There are other changes I need to make. Are they resolutions? Definition of Resolution: A firm decision to do or not to do something. I am not so sure how firm I can be. But maybe I can refer to these actions as "personal suggestions".
I will make sure I read my Bible every day.
I will be a better listener.
I will smile more often.
I will compliment my husband everyday.
I will continue to learn every day.
I will think about the things I eat and try to make better decisions about my diet.
I will make a conscious effort not to raise my voice.
I will be more organized.
I will write in my daily journal without fail.
I will write more often on my blog.
I will remind myself of one thing I am thankful for everyday.
The beginning of a new year can inspire you to make changes or to do things differently. I look forward to a happier, more organized, and more beautiful year. I look forward to a year full of God's abundant blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment