1 or 2 Pineapple
1.5 lbs of Grapes
5 onions
9 potatoes
5 broccoli crowns
5 bunches green onions
3 Romaine Lettuce hearts
7 green peppers
4 tomatoes
14 tangerines
9 apples
3 lbs carrots
1 or 2 lg head cabbage
It was alot more than we came home with previously and we didn't have to drive 6 hours to get it. :) I am sure we will do this again. It was way too much fun negotiating prices and shopping for bargains. :)
The little co-op trial run did accomplish what we wanted. And who knows, we may get better at negotiations. We were really wanting some bananas and celery, but no one had cases of either. Our 18lb case of grapes cost us $6. Green peppers were $7 a case containing 72 peppers. OMGosh, that was like .10 cents a pepper! All of the ladies involved do alot of cooking, so they will make their dinner plans around what they received. I drove the car because of the weather being so cold. It was 16' when we left yesterday morning. My Impala has a huge trunk, but I could not have hauled more than enough for 10 people. We had all we could put in it. I was afraid the produce would get too cold in the back of my truck. Sad, but we have more than 10 people wanting in on our adventure now. We will chat with everyone later next week and see how their produce held up. It is important that it keeps well, and I would like to have feedback on if each lady was able to use the produce they received. I don't mind being a shopper for others. If it were not for the others participating, I would not have received the great deal that I did on the produce. I do hope everyone that contributes wants to take the opportunity to join us at times for shopping. If each participate joins us while shopping they can have input on purchases and enjoy the fun.
| Veggies |
| Fruit |
No comments:
Post a Comment