Saturday, September 10, 2011

I LOVE Fall



It has been such a busy summer! Fall is going to be just as busy with fall festivals and finishing up everything that needs done outside before winter. I am not looking forward to winter, but I so love fall. I love the chilly mornings and comfortable warm afternoons. 
I mentioned to my husband that I would like to power wash the house and paint shutters. So, no rush, but if he found time, I ask if he could take a couple sets of shutters down for me. Within minutes, he had shutters down. Whoa dude! I didn't mean that quick. I was giving you plenty of notice. 
Now, the shutters removed made this little house look awful, and I am forced to jump right in.  We bought this house last winter and  it did need some freshing up on the outside. The shutters were a faded dark green and the siding was dirty. These were things I could live with until the inside was remodeled. However, with winter coming on, I had the urge to make a few changes. Now, those changes had to be done immediately as the dirt under the shutters looked horrible. So, I spent several days washing shutters, painting shutters and power washing. Not to mention, putting the shutters back up. DH was no where to be found when I had the shutters ready to go back up and I suppose I am a little bit impatient when I am on a roll.  All done now, and wow, it looks so much better. I think I really like the Oxford Blue color!

With that job tackled, I do have a few more things needing done. I am going to power wash the pigeon coop and clean out the garage. I have some old cabinetry, recycled from a remodeled kitchen that I plan on installing in my little barn. 
Please winter do not fall upon us too quickly. I have so much work to do before snow flies. I want to enjoy chilly nights, reminiscing with friends around a bonfire with hot cider. It is a sentimental time of year. I suppose it has something to do with the dip in temperature and the beautiful fall sunsets. I find myself reflecting on my life, who I am, what I have done and what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment