Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Festivals

   I love fall festivals. The air is crisp, the colors are amazing. The smells in the air from harvesting are wonderful. There are pumpkins, apples and mums. Hayrides, corn mazes. Threshing and baling, Tractor pulls. Oh, how I love Fall. I could fill every weekend with fall festivals.
   My sister-in-law and I set up a booth at a Fall Festival this weekend. We sold items made from recycled products. It was a wonderful weekend. We made several positive contacts as well as meeting some wonderful people. We sold alot of aprons, and spoon jewelry and a variety of other recycled items.
 There were many different craftsmen with their demostrations. There were steam engines and many tractors. We gathered up some sawdust from the steam powered sawmill for my compost pile. We also gathered up cedar shavings for our firestarters from the shingle maker. We camped at the festival and though the mornings were chilly, the afternoons warmed up. We ate ham and beans, fruit pies, giant corn dogs, rib sandwiches, cheesy curly fries, onion haystacks and funnel cakes.
  I bought an awesome old wire dish drainer to display my dish drainer quilts.  I found an old barn light to put above my kitchen sink. I also found some fella with a holder for freezer paper. It has loads of paper on it and perfect for some of my crafting projects.
 What a wonderful time! I can't wait until next year.




  
  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment