I want to sing patriotic songs!
The little church in the country that my family attends, had a wonderful service today. You see, our little church chooses not to agree with clear separation of church and state. No, we didn't discuss politics and our government. We enjoyed a worship service, with patriotic songs and thanked our Lord for the opportunity to be an American in this great country. I cannot separate church and state. I need Christ in my life, everywhere. Especially today in the world we live. I want to thank God for the freedom that I have to worship him every chance I can. I want to praise God in an American patriotic song that lifts him up.
With the first patriotic song this morning, I was overwhelmed by tears. I had just read an article about a group of Christians that believed patriotic songs should be kept out of the Church worship service. It had really bothered me and continued to cross my mind for days. I prayed for those. Our patriotic songs are actually hymns. They all lift God up. This country was built on the belief in God. The Pilgrims came to America for religious freedom. Our forefathers built this country on faith in God. There are those who try to take away our country’s motto “In God We Trust”. When there is a separation of church and state, sadly the church always loses. This nation was founded to be a Christian nation.
I am thankful for those who serve in our armed forces and have protected my right to worship a God that I believe in. I truly have a caring heart for all of these men and women. I pray that God keeps them from harm’s way. I am proud to be an American.
I choose to keep God in my patriotic life. I choose to stand up for my country and thank God. America has been blessed, and God is the reason. I will continue to pray for this wonderful country as I am an American Christian.

No comments:
Post a Comment