Today, my parents celebrate 54 years of marriage. They raised 5 children. They are parents, grandparents, and they are great grandparents. They are what you see, just an old married couple. They are lovers and best friends. My dad provided for our family. My mom worked from home, cooked and took care of the household. My parents gave their children a home, food and love. They provided all we needed to grow. But most importantly, they have always loved each other. Their marriage has been one of sacrifice, compromise, commitment, respect and friendship. They have stayed strong in spite of the trials they have faced. I have heard of a love described like “that of a fine wine: Rich and bold and full of character”. It does describe my parent’s love. A mature love.
As I grow older, I realize with each passing day how special it is to have parents such as my parents. Mom and Dad, I want you to know that I love you both with all of my heart. I am so proud to be your daughter. I thank God every day for blessing me with you both. You have proved that real love is possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment