I have a Prayer Box. When someone request that I say a prayer for them, or I feel the need to pray for my own needs I immediately write it on a piece of paper and say a prayer. The written prayer then goes into my prayer box. The paper is usually anything that is handy at the moment. It may be a receipt, a napkin, a piece of junk mail, a piece of a grocery sack, or a candy wrapper. The reason I feel the need to write it down is so I don't just shrug it as just a promise to pray. I prayer right at that moment, and when I write my prayer on a piece of paper, I tend to remember later to continue to pray for that person. When I add a prayer, I take a few minutes to pull past prayers out and pray. I find a piece of paper with a prayer written for a family member going through delivery of her first child. The delivery is over, but now that prayer will remind me to pray for this mother and child as she goes through trials of motherhood. I suppose this is somewhat similar to a prayer journal. But I never have a excuse to not make an entry when needed, as I almost always have a receipt in my purse or car that I can write on.
My prayer box reminds me to thank God for his blessings as well. There are pieces of paper in my prayer box thanking the Lord for his answers to prayers, and thank you notes for his guidance as well. There are prayers included asking God to show me his way.
This prayer box holds my concerns, my worries, my feelings, hopes, dreams, triumphs and joys. This box holds my heart.
Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;
Colossians 4:2 (King James Version)



What a great idea! I've often kept a prayer journal, but this is something new and different. Good thinking!
ReplyDelete