Monday, March 31, 2014

Lobsterfest at Our House

I love Lobster Tail! I love the melted butter and garlic that one dips lobster tail into. The thought of it may cause me to drool at times. I have never attempted to prepare lobster tail. I never knew how and never really thought about it. I think I must have some deep belief that some dishes can only be prepared in a restaurant kitchen. I however believe, I am an excellent cook, and can just about prepare anything for a wonderful dining experience.
The man and I were shopping at Whole Foods last week. They were having a lobster tail sale. I pondered for a while on attempting to cook the lobster tail but really did not know how I would. So, I passed on them. After checking out, it got the better of me and I decided to go back and pick up 4 of them. We discussed it . I knew I would have to do some research. That is when the Man suggested that I use my pressure cooker.
So be it! As soon as we arrived home (I was already drooling) I started the baked potatoes. I opened a home canned jar of asparagus to heat up. I started preparing the lobster tails first by cutting them through the shells, straight down the center.
I put a cup of water in the pressure cooker and placed my lobster tails on top of the pressure cooker rack. I put the lid on tightly, and turned on the heat. I left the pressure cooker weight off for a few minutes until the steam rolled out. After the steam started escaping, I placed the weight on top and turned the heat down to a med-low. I timed the pressure cooker for 3 minutes. I removed it from the heat and let the pressure naturally fall.

This has got to be one of the easiest, quickest meals that I have ever prepared. I am eager to have lobster tail again.

 

Delicious and beautiful!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment