Today we celebrate Independence Day, the day that our forefathers declared that the colonies on this side of the Atlantic are and by right free and independent states. Ok, I may be appear to be a "fuddy dud", but I do not need fireworks to celebrate July 4th. I do not enjoy fireworks. This does not make me "anti-American". I dislike the illegal fireworks blaring by as if I am in a war zone. I hate cleaning up my yard on July 5th of all the fireworks debris. I think it is a total waste of taxpayers money. They are very expensive for a short moment of pleasure. The fireworks do not excite, thrill or amaze me. They frighten my dog as well as other animals. All this, not to mention how dangerous they are. Fireworks are explosives!
I can celebrate this holiday with parades, picnics. waving flags, and maching bands playing patriotic music. I love July 4th and all of it's meaning. I am proud to be an American. But, I will enjoy it my way, without the fireworks.

No comments:
Post a Comment